Our vision is to use 1000’s of lessons from big business consultancy, to fuel the growth of ambitious smaller businesses like yours.
Every big business was once a small business. We take the tools and techniques typically available to big business and make them relevant and useful to your business. We do this through our Ready? Plan. Grow! approach and related products and services.
We have a “modular approach” to consultancy. This means that we can help you with several improvement opportunities each month, that you don’t have the time, or maybe the skills, to tackle. Equally, there are many improvement activities that you will want to conduct. We can help, by coaching and supporting you and your team. Hence we maintain your accountability and accelerate progress.
As Small and Medium Sized Enterprise – SME Business Consultants – we are at our best working with leaders who value people. This includes their team, but also their suppliers and their customers. Leaders who want to get the best out of every relationship. Individuals who are open to making changes and improvements.
You bring the vision and we will bring the energy, skills, tools and facilitation you need to change and grow.
Our promises to you, when you work with us, are:
- Your business will become an even more enjoyable, attractive place to work, with fewer frustrations and worries.
- You will see the measurable value of your business increase.
- Your team will work better together.
- You will learn a lot of useful information and get new ideas and approaches.
Our aim is to be your dedicated SME Business Consultant – a value-adding growth partner for your business.
I LOVE helping businesses to change and grow. As a Psychology student in the early 90’s, my first SME Business Consultant job was as a volunteer. I worked in a Yorkshire brewery (hear more in this podcast) to assist them in creating teams using Belbin team roles. I negotiated to conduct my dissertation there. From that early point, I was fascinated with what makes people work better and why.
Subsequently, I was hired into Accenture’s Change Management service line. Here I learned my trade as a management consultant, with the world’s largest consultancy. Largely facilitating people and process-based transitions during huge IT projects, but also managing large organisational behavioural change projects. I was the “go-to-person” for advice on understanding what makes employees, especially in front-line roles, behave the way they do. I was also seconded for a period into HR, focussed on improving the UK recruitment process.
As my career continued, I found that I was increasingly involved in strategy. Creating the go-to-market strategies for a fast growing pharmaceutical for example. Moreover, this strategy theme continued into my MBA studies, where I led a small team to win the Barclays Bank Annual Business Plan Competition at LUBS.
From 2005 I started work at the excellent Oakland Group where I developed a great appreciation of processes and operational improvement.
Hence, it is at the intersection of people, process and purpose (strategy) that my skills combine. And it is in their combination that your SME can unlock incredible growth.
I have facilitated growth in a wide variety of situations:
- Grown a ski business from scratch, in Japan, from idea to business plan, through financing to successful operation and sale.
- Helped to grow a small family owned professional services firm to double its revenues, through better sales & marketing, and a comprehensive approach to talent management.
- Assisted a global construction brand to free up money for growth, by creating a culture of right-first-time habits and behaviours.
- Facilitated an insurance company to grow its margin, through improved customer service behaviours.
- Worked with health professionals in primary and acute settings to grow their time for patient care. Growth isn’t always about revenue!
30 Second Bio
- Helping businesses to successfully navigate change to grow and improve for over 22 years
- Draws upon a significant tool-set and practical experience of facilitating growth in multiple industries and cultures
- Combines consultancy with coaching, therefore driving fast results, with sustainable improvement
- A licensed Myers Briggs™ Practitioner, hence I can help you get deep insights into your team, and coach you to High Performance
- I hold a First Class degree in Psychology from the University of Leeds, and an MBA with Distinction from LUBS
Future proof your business!
Take the first step now!
We LOVE helping small and medium-sized businesses to grow. Contact Paul Slater now on 07770 740 587. A five-minute chat will confirm whether we have the right services to help you grow, or alternatively, complete a query here. See our customer testimonials here.